The NAAC proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a quality sustenance measure. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. The Union Christian College constituted the IQAC in 1994 and the college had undergone 4 cycles of Accreditation till then.
IQAC – Vision
To ensure quality culture as the prime concern for the Higher Education Institutions through institutionalizing and internalizing all the initiatives taken with internal and external support.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.